Everything

Anglomania Gala Reveals which Designers are Really the Toast of the Fashion Scene

sjpmcqueen
Comments (10)
  1. missygp says:

erm, you do know “anglomania” means English and tartan is Scottish? Think McQueen and the Scots might be a bit peeved at that…

2. Ali says:

Yes, the tartan is Scottish, apologies if my reference to it and Anglomania in the same breath was a source of confusion.

I did a little research to clarify (and back up myself)…
    Anglo properly refers to England, but can also refer generally to the United Kingdom (Scotland is part of the UK). Also, Alexander McQueen was born and raised in London’s East End, where he established his design career. Although the Mc prefix in his name indicates Scottish heritage, he is a British designer.

For further reading:

Thanks for keeping us honest!

3. ben says:

um classy and elegant can be worn anywhere.

celebrating anglomania means having an excuse to bring out that inner eccentric, no?

4. Karri says:

wow, those last two are truly heinous… i think there is a fine line between eccentric and just plain bad taste, which may excuse parker’s tartan, but def not DVF

5. Jacko says:

Anglophilia is a fine thing, sure. But –

– What has that got to do with Scotland?

– Big red plaid, no matter how indicative of the noble clan it represents, is FREAKING UGLY.

6. Fragle21 says:

Is it just me or is the bottom dress gramatically incorrect. Shouldn’t it be “God save the ‘Queen’?” not “God Save The ‘Queens’?” If God saved Queens, I think Staten Island would be royally pissed off.

7. CC says:

Ironically, that “unfortunate woman from Bergdorf Goodman” is the senior vice president, store presentation and women’s fashion director.

8. baitbits says:

If God saved Queens, I think Ralph Reed would be royally pissed off.

9. raincoaster says:

Well when I saw that last one I totally thought it was Jamie Lee Hamilton, a local transsexual madam. So “Queens” works in that context. Maybe it’s a JLH impersonator? And the hair is totally Queens anyway.

Doesn’t DVF have a line of lingerie? Apparently she doesn’t have access to a strapless bra.